Store Manager for our Brand Store in Stavanger
Does the idea of working with one of Sweden’s most iconic outdoor brands appeal to you? Are you an experienced store manager with a passion for sustainability and outdoor products? Do you want to start a new adventure with a team that shares a passion for the outdoors and sustainability? This could be your chance!
Since Fjällräven was founded, back in 1960, our mission has not wavered. We want to inspire and enable more people to experience nature. We do this by developing clothing and equipment that make the outside safer, warmer, dryer and generally more enjoyable. And by running events that provide the framework and support to make nature more accessible.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, that likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible. In our offices and stores we are designers, product developers, buyers, administrators, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps and business developers. In nature though, we’re all the same.
About the role
As a Store Manager you will play a vital role in enabling outdoor enthusiasts to get access to and spread the message about Fjällräven's qualitative, technical and casual premium outdoor apparel and equipment. At Fjällräven we do not speak about customers, we speak about product users. Your main mission is to ensure that the current and potential users of our products get the best possible service when visiting the store and inspire them to do conscious purchases.
We believe that great user experiences comes from a dedicated investment in our team of brand ambassadors that work in the store. You will play a vital role in embodying the values of Fjällräven and you a role model these for your colleagues. In the store, you work as a team towards jointly set goals.
One of your main objectives is to build a store organization that is self-sustaining and not dependent on the store manager, head office or other parties. You will be managing one full time employee as well as six part time employees. You will be part of a team of Brand Store store managers around the world and together you share thoughts, ideas and recipes for success. The position is a full time position.
What you’ll do
Lead the store with the goal of being the best outdoor store in Stavanger by:
- Ensuring that the store is run according to the set visual and operational standards
- Setting, implementing and following up on with HQ on set goals and budgets for the store
- Setting goals and activities for your specific store and engage your team in order to reach them
- Embodying and role modeling the values of Fjällräven. Taking responsibility for carrying out the season's sales and marketing activities together with your team
- Initiate, plan and ensure that the team has the right level of competence and knowledge about our products and Fjällräven as a brand in order to perform their job
- Investing time in people development such as group activities and individual coaching
- Develop collaboration and processes with HQ departments and other store managers, share best practices.
- Conducting local competition and external monitoring.
Who you are
We think you would be a great match for the position if you have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- A passion and knowledge for sustainability and the outdoors. Nature and outdoor life are close to your heart.
- At least 3 years of work experience in-store sales.
- At least 2 years' management experience from a medium-sized or large retail store, preferably in the sports and outdoor industry (It is highly qualifying with sales experience of Premium Brands).
- You are results driven and you have a strong track record of delivering according to set KPI:s and milestones on time.
- A passion for people development. You have a collaborative spirit and love to see others thrive and you have he capacity to initiate and generate action in a positive way.
- You are solution-oriented and have an inclusive and open mindset to incorporate new ideas. You are interested, curious and have an open attitude to people's differences and are open to feedback and ideas from others
- Excellent knowledge of Norwegian and English in speech and writing.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office. Preferably Office 365
What we offer
Working for Fjällräven means being part of an international fast-growing company that wants to inspire people to walk with nature. As an employee for Fjällräven you are offered:
- Opportunity to learn more about the outdoors, for instance Fjällräven Classic and/or Winter education.
- An international work environment where own initiatives are cherished.
- Marvelous colleagues that share the passion for the outdoors and sustainability.
How to apply
Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR regulations. We're looking forward reading your application!