Women's Garment Designer
Does the idea of working with one of Sweden’s most iconic outdoor brands appeal to you? Are you an experienced garment designer with a passion for sustainability and outdoor products? Do you want to start a new adventure with a team that shares a passion for the outdoors and sustainability? This could be your chance!
We are looking to hire a Women’s Garment Designer that will play a vital role in our product development team - creating qualitative technical and casual outdoor garment!
Since Fjällräven was founded, back in 1960, our mission has not wavered. We want to inspire and enable more people to experience nature. We do this by developing clothing and equipment that make the outside safer, warmer, dryer and generally more enjoyable. And by running events that provide the framework and support to make nature more accessible.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, that likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible. In our offices and stores we are designers, product developers, buyers, administrators, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps and business developers. In nature though, we’re all the same.
About the role
As a Women’s Garment Designer you will design and develop functional, sustainable outdoor products that are aligned with Fjällräven’s design philosophy. You will create designs that embrace the company’s statement to be the most premium and sustainable global Outdoor Brand. The position will work with both technical and casual garments for women in collaboration with fellow designers, as well as a cross-functional product development team. The position reports is a full time position and will be based in our office in Solna.
What you’ll do
- Creating original designs based on function, following and developing the aesthetic of the Fjällräven brand.
- Working with design briefs created on brand strategy, market input and a systematic garment approach as a basis for the design.
- Taking part in defining fabric briefs for sourcing and development of fabrics with the material department and concept teams.
- Taking part in creating seasonal colors, ensuring new colors match and complement our core colors.
- Holding presentations in front of both large and small audiences at internal sales meetings, development presentations and design briefs as well as external events with e.g. customers and/or press.
- Attending Trade Shows and company events.
- Working closely with product developers & pattern makers to ensure wanted product functionality, fabric performance and fit is achieved.
- Creating, updating and handling design documents in accordance to Fjällräven’s templates and work flow.
Who you are
We think you would be a great match for the position if you have:
- A degree in Design (Apparel, Industrial or Textile Engineering)
- 5+ years of work experience in Design or equivalent.
- Experience working in CLO or other 3D patterning programs.
- Excellent English communicative skills, both written and spoken.
- Proven ability to create functional and commercial designs, as well as a profound knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles.
- Strong presentation skills both verbally and visually
- A strong track record of delivering according to planned schedules and milestones in time.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of programs as: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A passion for sustianability and knowledge of the outdoor market
- A collaborative spirit and are comfortable with working in a team-based work structure.
- The capacity to initiate and generate action in a positive way.
- A creative, and solution-oriented mindset.
- The ability to travel internationally
What we offer
Working for Fjällräven means being part of an international fast-growing company that wants to inspire people to walk with nature. As an employee for Fjällräven you are offered:
- Opportunity to learn more about the outdoors, for instance Fjällräven Classic and/or Winter education.
- Access to our spectacular satellite office located in a barn in Norra Djurgårdsstaden.
- An international work environment where own initiatives are cherished.
- Marvelous colleagues that share the passion for the outdoors and sustainability.
- Benefits according to the collective bargaining agreement between Unionen and IKEM
How to apply
Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR regulations. We're looking forward reading your application!