"Just as trekking together is a demonstration of unity, trust and competence so is working together”
As with all companies, Fjällräven is defined by the people who work here. We are made up of individuals who are devoted outdoor enthusiasts that feel personally motivated to inspire the world to walk with nature. Every single part of our operations, and every individual is contributing to and working towards our common mission. And just like a team of trekkers, learning and developing together, trusting each other and valuing our differences is crucial to reach our goals.
Whether we are heading for a mountain top or the next business target, we are on a journey together. We expect everyone who joins us to work hard to support taking us in the direction we want to go. As in nature, the sun can shine or it can be in difficult terrain and bad weather, but we believe that by creating an environment where we all
know where we are headed, see our own contribution on the path, and feel rewarded with each milestone along the way
A successful trek requires leaders that work as trekking guides, with the important responsibility to provide clear directions for their team. It requires trust in that everyone will take on the task of discovering the best path towards the goal, through curiosity and continuous learnings.
It requires that we are ready to help and support each other to get better. And it requires that we value our differences and use them to maximize the effect of our global competence. Our teams are spread all around the globe, but unite around the campfire that keeps our business alive.
In our everyday operations this means that we:
- Maintain healthy and safe workplaces where employees can reach their potential.
- Provide direction and trust through clear leadership.
- Provide equal opportunities for development and growth for all employees.
- Expect everyone to put in their best efforts and take accountability for theircontribution on our journey
- Encourage an open communication between all levels of the organisation to make best use of and accelerate the pool of competence that comes with a global, diverse team.