We are looking for a passionate leader to join our brand-new Fjällräven store in the Zurich area. As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote our core values, including:
- Nature - Our goal is to connect people to spend time in nature and to protect our planet's natural systems.
- Economy - We produce and sell high-quality, durable products and continuously innovate to provide high-value to customers and to our business for many decades to come.
- Society - We practice good corporate citizenship in the communities where we are present and aim to be a net contributor to a well-functioning society everywhere we do business.
- Wellbeing - We aim to respect each individual's integrity, treat people fairly, encourage a balanced life, and offer personal development.
The Assistant Store Manager is a full time position located in our Zurich retail store reporting to the store manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Assistant Manager, you will support in all aspects of retail store operations, financial success and for the strategy and development of your team and community. This position ensures the success of the retail store achieving their metrics within the four directions of the Compass; Nature, Economy, Society and Well-being. You ensure that the store principles are followed, providing exceptional guest experience through quality education, relationship building and by delivering a best -in-class Fjällräven brand experience
In further detail, you will:
- Build a strong internal culture around sustainability and finds ways to better overall in-store operations that would continue to reduce the carbon footprint of the retail company.
- Lead by example and demonstrates a respect for our brands sustainable initiatives.
- Support the direction of the brand through merchandise assortments appropriate to local market and promotes the use of product knowledge as a tool to enhance employee productivity, sales, and guest brand experience.
- Oversee that the store is effectively merchandised and consistently upholds brand and seasonal standards.
- Motivate, lead, and hold the team accountable to deliver and grow sales along with other metrics and KPI’s and leads by example with the results within their store.
- Perform/oversee store opening and closing procedures. Support in managing cash variances and resolves discrepancies.
- In absence of Store Manager, ensure all necessary payroll submissions are completed according to deadline.
- Training: Partners with Store Manager in Trek Series roll-out for all new hires. In addition to the re- enforcement of all Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to understand monthly P&L’s and review with Store Manager an action plan for necessary improvements to the controllable.
- Support in managing bi-annual Inventory preparation (stock-takes). Individual store shrink should be less than 1% on an annual basis.
- Partner with Store Manager to support on all matters regarding Loss Prevention and Store Improvements
- Drive community development within their store and promote community initiatives to guests.
- Partners with Store Manager in the creation of events, relationship building and supporting the Guide Program.
- Promote diversity, contributing to an environment of respect and inclusivity
- Thoroughly understand and effectively communicate brand business ethics to guests (fair labor, animal welfare, the Arctic Fox Initiative etc.)
- Support Store Manager in assessing the effectiveness of their team by providing the appropriate level of performance feedback and documentation.
- Support the Store Manager in recruiting, building, developing and managing strong and successful retail employees.
- Support the Store Manager in conducting monthly/quarterly staff meetings to re-enforce team morale, overall store performance, community initiatives and operations.
WHO YOU ARE
Our perfect candidate for this role will bring:
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and minimum of 1 year experience preferred.
- Flexibility in handling change. Adapts to new situations with innovative approaches.
- Organizational and time management skills with proven aptitude to prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals.
- Customer service, relationship management, and business development skills.
- Ability to analyze trends, processes and procedures and develop innovative and effective solutions for improved performance.
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization.
- Proven problem solving, decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; presents a positive and professional image and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all.
- Technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office.
We are an international outdoor company with an aim to connect more people to nature. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside - warmer, safer, and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable, and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjallraven Way, and is an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear; we act responsibly toward nature, animals, & people; and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it!
When you join our trek, you're offered:
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operations
- A global community
- Leadership accessibility
- Growth and development opportunities
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail sales associate, please complete our brief application now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!
Fenix Outdoor and Fjällräven celebrate diversity and are committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.