At Fjällräven, we want to enable everyone to experience nature first-hand. We do this because we know that when people are out in nature they grow as human beings mentally and physically. We know that nature is good for every person. We also know that the more people who experience nature in this way the more people will want to protect it. This is good for all of us.
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director who can help us tell this story to Outdoor Enthusiasts all over the world.
Working with closely the Global Director — Creative, Content and Experiences you will help develop and communicate the next chapter of Fjällräven’s story. You will be a storyteller who understands how to concept a big, strategic narrative and how to craft that story across a 21st communications architecture.
You will be responsible for helping lead the brands narrative, creative thinking and execution across seasons, large systemwide projects and specific product launches. All on a global scale. And all across existing and emerging platforms/technologies.
We are looking for a creative person with a modern mix of conceptual thinking, innovation, executional craftsmanship and the ability to respect and revere our longstanding Fjällräven brand heritage while moving it into its next global chapter.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join us, you are offered several great benefits. Here are some things to expect at Fenix Outdoor:
- A stimulating work environment with passionate, enthusiastic co-workers
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth that will elevate your career
- A company that treasures sustainability and acts in creating future stewards of nature
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- 401k with generous company match
- Financial wellness program, including access to financial coaching and loans
- Generous schedule of Company Paid holidays
- Product discounts on all Fenix Outdoor brands
- Industry discounts and more…
Anticipated wage for this position is $100,000-125,000 annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
On any given day you might:
- Work with our Global Director of Creative, Content, and Experiences on developing seasonal, product, or event marketing creative concepts
- Work with other creative teams or marketing team colleagues to ensure creative consistency with the overarching brand narrative across marketing channels
- Present concepts and executional ideas to management teams, retail partners, and other internal groups
- Brief cross-functional teams or outside partners (such as production or collaboration partners) on creative projects
- Guide/collaborate with product, community, regional, sales, DTC, and retail merchandising teams to integrate or execute holistic programs
- Lead creative team members/production partners during concept phases, on shoots, or through digital development to ensure creative quality and consistency
- Partner closely with creative operations team from concept and production to delivery to ensure sufficient resourcing and to ensure that briefings/schedules are met
- Provide clear direction and/or feedback in matters related to visual design, product design, UX, UI, social, retail, and experience design
- Be hands on when required – produce and edict creative output such as copy, video, social, and/or digital
- Identify creative opportunities for the brand and the business
WHO YOU ARE
Requirements - Attributes:
- You are a curious person who looks beyond the obvious “tried & true” approach to find compelling, innovative, creative solutions
- You respect the culture and legacy of a strong, beloved brand and can carry it into the future in new ways while maintaining the best parts of the past
- Your positive attitude fosters team camaraderie and recognizes the power that different skills, cultures, and perspectives bring to the creative process
- You are comfortable working across cultures, creative disciplines, and time-zones
- You lead multiple projects through tight timelines with grace and effectiveness
- You are excited about mentoring young up-and-coming talent
- Your craft standards for yourself and your team are impeccable
- You have a passion in global creativity and outdoor culture
- You graciously receive constructive feedback while standing up for ideas
- You can create and craft award-winning work that sets a standard in a competitive industry
- You want to work with a brand that has a purpose, believes in ethics, and tries to do its best for people and for the planet
- You love sustainability, innovation, and modern storytelling
Requirements – Experience:
- You have 5-7 years’ experience working in a modern-day, integrated creative group at an agency or on the client side
- You have proven experience developing and executing holistic creative projects that deliver high-calibre creative and business results
- You have proven knowledge of what a good, big, creative idea is and can connect executional dots across the communications mix to deliver a cohesive overall experience to end users
- You inspire and guide multi-disciplinary creative teams via clear direction, actionable feedback, and an understanding of cross-channel tactics
- You have some production experience, either in your previous roles or in your personal life (i.e. your own social channels)
- You have led teams in dynamic, cross-functional environments
Preferred, but not required:
- You have experience in a fashion, outdoor, or culturally switched-on brand
- You have experience working in the consumer goods retail space
At Fjällräven, we create life-altering experiences in nature through providing a full range of products and specialty outdoor retail stores across several countries. Our company enables people to enjoy life outside.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, and we enjoy being outside. Whether in a city park or climbing the peak of a mountain, sustaining the world we live in is a top priority in what we do. Afterall, our business is nature.
We are buyers, e-Comm specialists and strategists, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps, business developers, and more. In nature, we’re all the same.
READY TO JOIN OUR TREK?
We’d love to learn more about you! Complete our brief online application today to learn more about this opportunity.
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair, and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.