ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our Fjällräven team in the Freeport, ME area. Our adventure offers sales associates the chance to be a part of a growing, dynamic, and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and well-being.
As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Fjällräven's core values, our products, and the spirit of exploration and sustainability! Become a brand expert and facilitate our customers' meaningful and inspiring experiences in the great outdoors.
This position is a full time retail sales associate role located in our Freeport Outlet retail store and reports to the store manager.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Fjällräven, expect the following benefits:
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Paid Time Off
- Full time employees: Opportunities for medical, dental, vision, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The objective of the sales associate position is to provide exceptional guest experience and support their retail team in the day-to-day operations and success within the four directions of our companies guiding compass: Nature, Economy, Society, and Well-Being. The position is responsible for supporting staff training, code of conduct, as well as policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Helping our customers through education, demonstration, and excellent listening and communication skills
- Act as an ambassador for our brand and our values
- Run a cash register and assist customers in making purchases and processing orders
- Communicate with your team to make sure we deliver great customer service
- Stock retail products and assist with order deliveries
- Help keep the store looking great with some light cleaning duties
- Bend, reach, and move about the store and the storage area to assist our customers
WHO YOU ARE
Requirements for this role:
- Customer service, patience and kindness are words that former co-workers and managers would use to describe you
- You are organized and dependable - this means we can count on you to be efficient and do a consistently great job
- You take action and face challenges as they come
- You are a continuous learner and consider yourself tech savvy
- You care about sustainability and the outdoors - even if you are just getting started in your relationship with nature, you are passionate about the importance of connecting with nature and willing to share that passion with others
- You are open to a variety of shifts that may change with season and business needs
We are an international outdoor company with an aim to connect more people to nature. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside - warmer, safer, and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable, and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and is an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear; we act responsibly toward nature, animals, & people; and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it!
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail sales associate, please complete our brief application now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!