About The Role
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our Fjällräven team in Edmonton, AB. Our adventure offers Assistant Store Managers the chance to be part of a growing, dynamic, and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and well-being. As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Fjällräven’s core values, our products, and a spirit of exploration and sustainability to connect people with meaningful, inspiring experiences in the outdoors! The right match for us loves customer service, learning and developing, and brings a positive mindset to the workplace.
This position is a full time Assistant Store Manager role located in our new Edmonton retail store and reports to the Store Manager.
What We Offer
When you join us at Fjällräven, expect the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Full time employees: Opportunities for medical, dental, vision, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
What You Will Do
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will help support all aspects of retail store operations, financial success, and strategy, and will promote development of your team and community. You ensure the success of the retail store, achieving your metrics within the four directions of our values Compass: Nature, Economy, Society and Well-Being. You will also be responsible for supporting staff training, code of conduct, policies, and procedures. You ensure that store principles are followed, providing exceptional guest experience through quality education, relationship building, and a best-in-class Fjällräven brand experience. We see employee diversity as a guiding principle in our employment policy. This means promoting the diversity of the individuals in the company in order to attain the highest possible productivity, creativity, and efficiency
Responsibilities For This Position
- Motivates, leads, and holds team accountable to deliver and grow sales, along with other metrics and KPI’s
- Leads by example with the results within their store
- Drives community development within their store and promotes community initiatives to guests
- Supports the Store Manager in recruiting, building, developing, and managing strong and successful retail staff
- Responsible for clear, thoughtful communication to their team, peers, managers, and headquarters
Requirements For This Role
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and a minimum of 1 year experience preferred
- Flexibility in handling change
- Adapts to new situations with innovative approaches
- Organizational and time management skills with proven aptitude to prioritize and manage workload, and ability to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals
- Customer service, relationship management, and business development skills
- Ability to analyze trends, processes, and procedures and to develop innovative and effective solutions for improved performance
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization
- Proven problem solving, decision making, critical thinking and strategic thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Presents a positive and professional image and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all
- Technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office
We are an international outdoor company with an aim to connect more people in nature. Our story begins in Sweden a few years back…
It all started with a backpack. The founder of Fjällräven, Åke Nordin, was called into nature by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion and created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature, and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside - warmer, safer, and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable, and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and is an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear; we act responsibly toward nature, animals, & people; and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it!
Sound like a great adventure?!
We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail assistant manager role, please complete our brief application now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.