Our Portland Fjällräven team loves our community. We lean into our local relationships to grow our brand and connect people with the outdoors. If you are fond of community planning and relationship-building, this is the place for you!
To help continue to promote the sustainable outdoor lifestyle, Fjällräven is calling adventurous sewers and tailors to join its dynamic and rapidly growing team.
Fjällräven tailors elevate our guest experience and provide our guests with meticulous alterations and professional customizations to our outdoor gear. The ideal fitter/sewer will be familiar with technical fabrics in addition to being motivated, results oriented, and committed to providing outstanding customer service. Experience working in a retail environment is preferred for this customer-facing position; you'll be expected to engage in guest interactions.
We see employee diversity as a guiding principle in our employment policy. This means promoting the diversity and heterogeneity of the individuals in the company in order to attain the highest possible productivity, creativity and efficiency.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Fjällräven, expect the following benefits:
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for medical, dental, vision, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for clear, thoughtful communication to the store team, Store Manager, and Lead Tailor.
- Work with the Lead Tailor to continually evolve operations
- Educate customers and employees on proper fit, shop procedures, and guidelines in a professional and customer service-oriented manner.
- Communicate with customers to understand what is required to be altered or repaired and determine how to ensure that their specifications are met
- Understand the extent and difficulty of each alteration or customization and provide cost estimates to the customer
- Attends/Participate in monthly Tailoring Calls.
- Tracks work in an Alterations Log with a detail-oriented mind and a commitment to documenting the different stages of progress accurately
- Participate in cash desk, POS operations, and cash handling
- Report issues to the Lead Tailor
- Work with the repairs team to support others as needed to turn projects around quickly and continually work with the team to evolve operations
- Share skills and knowledge and work with a national team of talent.
- Support in the development and execution of repair workshops.
- Actively build and maintain a Fjällräven client base
- Become an outdoor-equipment specialist and share your expertise with others in addition to performing and completing alterations/tailor fittings and repairs according to service standards.
- Work on perfecting your skills to master all alterations and customizations on every brand style
- Organize workload and complete items on time to meet or exceed productivity targets.
- Lead by example and demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding for our sustainability initiatives: The Fjällräven Way, The Fjällräven Down Promise, Arctic Fox Initiative and Sustainable Wool.
WHO YOU ARE
Top Traits and Values
- You are passionate about people, product, being in nature, and sustainability.
- You grow through your successes and failures by being vulnerable, humble and by having a willingness to ask for help.
- You consider what your team and brand need by being open to feedback.
- You demonstrate a persistence and drive for results through consistency and stability.
- Hold an advanced level of experience in alterations/tailoring, mending and repairing in retail including:
- Able to hem pants
- Shorten sleeves
- Repair and patch garments
- Take-in and let out seams
- Being able to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge about safety and the proper use of all equipment in the shop, including:
- Industrial sewing machines
- Serge machine
- Cover-stitch machine
- Button-press machine
- A passion for the environment and a sustainable explorer of the outdoors.
- Strong communication with experience in customer service and selling.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive customer experience and inclusive workplace environment for all.
- Comfortable with basic math and written English skills.
Fjällräven is committed to creating innovative, sustainable gear that helps to foster a healthier outdoor life, now and for future generations. If you are interested in joining an ever-growing team with its sights set on the summit, complete our brief online application now. We look forward to learning more about you!