ABOUT THE ROLE
Fjällräven North America has an opportunity for a Senior Manager of Retail Operations to ensure operational excellence for our retail stores in sharing functional, durable, and timeless outdoor products with our users. You will lead the function of tools, systems, communications, and processes that enable our stores to better run their businesses. Our Senior Manager of Retail Operations will report directly to the Global Director of Retail and will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of in-store standards, brand experience, product marketing strategies, impactful user experiences, and back-of-office operations. You will have an opportunity to promote rapid sales growth, help manager profitability, and improve cross-department communication for all Fjällräven retail locations throughout North America!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join us, you are offered several great benefits. Here are some things to expect at Fenix Outdoor:
- A stimulating work environment with passionate, enthusiastic co-workers
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth that will elevate your career
- A company that treasures sustainability and acts in creating future stewards of nature
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- 401k with generous company match
- Financial wellness program, including access to financial coaching and loans
- 14 Company Paid holidays
- Product discounts on all Fenix Outdoor brands
- Industry discounts and more…
Anticipated salary range for the position is $80,000-100,000 annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Develop and update all retail policy & procedure manuals and create new ways to standardize all front & back-end processes at the store level.
- Oversee three direct reports (Product Circularity and Tailoring Manager, Retail Operations Specialist, and our Retail Construction Manager)
- Manage the Retail CapEx budget.
- Oversee the management and budget of all new store development, remodels, and pop-ups across North America
- Partner with L&D manager and NSO Team leads on all training pertaining to new store buildout; Ex: Retail POS / SOP manual – including backend function and POS function.
- Partner with in-house Planning, Buying, and Marketing teams to develop strategic global and regional product assortments with impactful product branding presentations
- Support planning/buying team with end of month, quarter and year reporting, forecasting and budgeting for brick and mortar.
- Ensure that each store location meets all company standards and expectations regarding presentation, safety, functionality, and security and complies with all relevant local, state, and federal regulations
- Keep all operational store standards up to par in terms: lighting, flooring conditions, interior paint, wall conditions, marketing assets, furniture & fixtures, back of store storage, office, IT hardware, HVAC, plumbing, store fronts, store signage, all exteriors, parking lots, etc.
- Partner with Retail Development Manager to ensure funds are allocated to maintain existing stores.
- Manage all operational processes, systems, policies and functionality related to merchandise management, security, loss prevention and facility maintenance.
- Responsible for managing our Product Circularity and Tailoring Manager and assist them in any needs pertaining to our warranty and tailoring program.
- Complete full Store Standard Audits on a quarterly basis and partner with Store and Regional Manager to resolve any internal and external deficiencies.
- Along with our Retail Operations Specialist, oversee the sourcing of all ops store needs, such as: music, store scents, Staples orders, and shopping bags
- Create LP and Inventory processes in partnership with the Retail Operations Specialist to ensure all brand stores are supported in minimizing shrink and inventory management.
- Partner with IT to ensure that all POS, communications hardware and software has been installed correctly on time and are being maintained through quarterly audits regarding new store development
- Run our weekly Retail/IT check in meeting.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least five years of retail operations experience, and at least one year of retail managerial experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preference for concentrations in business- or architectural-related fields)
- You succeed in managing larger-scale projects, timelines, budgets, and lease negotiations
- Your strengths include effective management, interpersonal communication, analytical skills, and problem-solving
- You are familiar with retail operations including policies and procedures, shipping and receiving, inventory, and damage processes and systems
- You are willing and able to travel throughout the US, Canada, and Europe up to 20-30% of the time
- You have a valid driver’s license and will successfully complete a driving record check as part of the screening process
At Fjällräven, we create life-altering experiences in nature through providing a full range of products and specialty outdoor retail stores across several countries. Our company enables people to enjoy life outside.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, and we enjoy being outside. Whether in a city park or climbing the peak of a mountain, sustaining the world we live in is a top priority in what we do. Afterall, our business is nature.
We are buyers, e-Comm specialists and strategists, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps, business developers, and more. In nature, we’re all the same.
READY TO JOIN OUR TREK?
We’d love to learn more about you! Complete our brief online application today to learn more about this opportunity.
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.