Our Portland Fjällräven team loves our community. We lean into our local relationships to grow our brand and connect people with the outdoors. If you are fond of community planning and relationship-building, this is the place for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our Fjällräven team in the Portland, OR area. Our adventure offers supervisors the chance to be a part of a growing, dynamic, and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and well-being.
As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Fjällräven's core values, our products and the spirit of exploration and sustainability! Become a brand expert and facilitate our customer’s meaningful and inspiring experiences in the great outdoors.
Our supervisors and retail staff should identify with our brand values and, in the end, have fun selling and helping our customers out. The right match for us loves customer service, learning and developing and brings a positive mindset to the workplace.
This position is a part-time supervisor role located in our Portland retail store and reports to the store manager.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Fjällräven, expect the following benefits:
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Paid Time Off
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Our store's supervisors support in managing the day-to-day operations and guest experience. This position ensures that the retail store achieves their metrics within the four directions of our company's guiding compass; Nature, Economy, Society and Well-being. The position is responsible for participating in staff training, code of conduct, and policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting with managing day-to-day operations
- Helping our customers through education, demonstration, and world-class listening and communication skills
- Acting as an ambassador for our brand and our values
- Running a cash register
- Assisting customers in making purchases and processing orders
- Communicating with your team to make sure we deliver great customer service
- Stocking retail products and assisting with order deliveries
- Helping to keep the store looking great with some light cleaning duties
- Effectively and respectfully collaborating with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all
- Bending, reaching, and moving about the store and the storage area to assist our customers
WHO YOU ARE
Requirements for our this role:
- Communication is your strong suit and you enjoy helping out customers
- Customer service, patience and kindness are words that former co-workers and managers would use to describe you
- You are organized and dependable - this means we can count on you to be efficient and do a consistently great job
- Quick and action-oriented (You take action and face challenges as they come, you are not a procrastinator)
- You are a continuous learner and consider yourself tech savvy
- You care about sustainability and the outdoors - even if you are just getting started in your relationship with nature, you are passionate about the importance of connecting with nature and willing to share that passion with others
- You are open to a variety of shifts that may change based on season and business needs
We are an international outdoor company with an aim to connect more people in nature. Our story begins in Sweden a few years back…
It all started with a backpack. The founder of Fjällräven, Åke Nordin, was called into nature and moved by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion and created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature, and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside; warmer, safer and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear, we act responsibly toward nature, animals & people and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it.
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. Apply now through our brief online application! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to learning more about you!