ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a detail-oriented, future-looking leader? Do you enjoy collaborating with others to achieve strategic goals? Launch into the next part of your career adventure by overseeing planning and merchandising for a multi-channel, multi-national enterprise! Fjällraven has an opportunity for a Senior Merchandising Manager to play an integral role in our organization’s merchandising, buying, and planning. This professional oversees the implementation of merchandising strategies and of line architecture for North American regional wholesale and for Global Direct-to-User (DTU). They will work closely with teammates by coaching and supporting others on the merchandising team, and by providing support and assistance to the Director of Planning and Merchandising.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join us, you are offered several great benefits. Here are some things to expect at Fjällräven:
- A stimulating work environment with passionate, enthusiastic co-workers
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth that will elevate your career
- A company that treasures sustainability and acts in creating future stewards of nature
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- 401k with generous company match
- Financial wellness program, including access to financial coaching and loans
- 14 Company Paid holidays
- Product discounts on all Fenix Outdoor brands
- Industry discounts and more…
Anticipated salary range for the position is $80,000-100,000 annually
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee the implementation of the merchandising strategies and line architecture for the NA Region Wholesale and Global DTU
- Create effective key account merchandise assortments that earn sales and showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company
- Create seasonal market briefs of North American wholesale and Global DTU for the global design & product team to inform upcoming seasonal needs
- Inform price-setting through qualitative and quantitative market data and research to meet margin goals that are also viable and relevant to the retail market
- Manage and support the DTU Buyers and Regional Merchants to achieve key deliverables in the Go-to-Market process
- Contribute to and inform annual and quarterly budgets by category, and present them to the relevant stakeholders
- Track product performance at the POS level through E-Commerce and Brick and Mortar
- Identify and evaluate market trends to gain a full understanding of our North American market as it relates to the brand and the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on new projects, campaigns, and business ideas
- Read and understand sales reporting to create strategy to improve customer engagement
- Take an integral role in the buying process and use quantified and qualified evaluation to purchase correct styles, colors, and quantities
- Manage out-of-line non-carryover stock from warehouse to final destination and ensure sales are through trusted and approved retailers to ensure brand preservation
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least five years’ experience in merchandising, product, and or planning
- You have experience in both E-commerce and Brick and Mortal retail environments
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preference to Merchandising, Business, Marketing, or Textiles), or equivalent experience
- You have developed a strong knowledge of retail knowledge that informs your keen intuition for market trends and behaviors
- You have a strong aptitude for retail math
- You are detail-oriented and thorough
- You communicate effectively and collaborate effectively with other departments and individuals
At Fjällräven, we create life-altering experiences in nature through providing a full range of products and specialty outdoor retail stores across several countries. Our company enables people to enjoy life outside.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, and we enjoy being outside. Whether in a city park or climbing the peak of a mountain, sustaining the world we live in is a top priority in what we do. Afterall, our business is nature.
We are buyers, e-Comm specialists and strategists, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps, business developers, and more. In nature, we’re all the same.
READY TO ELEVATE YOUR CAREER?
Complete our short application and connect with our Fjällräven career page today to learn more about this opportunity. We look forward to learning more about you!
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.