ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our Fjällräven team in the St. Paul, MN area. Our adventure offers Store Managers the chance to be part of a growing, dynamic, and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and wellbeing.
As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Fjällräven’s core values, our products and the spirit of exploration and sustainability! Become a brand expert and facilitate our customers meaningful and inspiring experiences in the great outdoors.
Our Store Managers and retail staff should identify with our brand values and, in the end, have fun selling and helping our customers out. The right match for us loves customer service, learning and developing, and brings a positive mindset to the workplace.
This position is a full time exempt Store Manager role located in our St. Paul retail store and reports to the Regional Manager.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Fjallraven, expect the following benefits:
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for medical, dental, vision, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Store Manager you are responsible for all aspects of retail store operations, financial success and for the strategy and development of your team and community. This position ensures the success of the retail store achieving their metrics within the four directions of our Compass; Nature, Economy, Society and Well-Being. You ensure that the store principles are followed, providing exceptional guest experience through quality education, relationship building and by delivering a best-in-class Fjällräven brand experience. We see employee diversity as a guiding principle in our employment policy. This means promoting the diversity of the individuals in the company in order to attain the highest possible productivity, creativity and efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Motivates, leads, and holds team accountable to deliver and grow sales along with other metrics and KPI’s and leads by example with the results within their store.
- Creates strategic schedules based on labor guidelines and performance to maximize guest experience while minimizing payroll expenses.
- Ensures full compliance with applicable labor and employment laws/regulations.
- Encourages community development within their store. Manages/supports community lead in the creation of events, relationship building, guide program and corporate sales. Actively includes a diverse community base in our goal to inspire the world to walk with nature.
- Recruit, hire and train a diverse team while effectively planning for future succession.
- Responsible for clear, thoughtful communication to their team, peers, managers, and headquarters.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and a minimum of 2 years’ experience referred
- Flexibility in handling change. Adapts to new situations with innovative approaches.
- Organizational and time management skills with proven aptitude to prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals.
- Customer service, relationship management, and business development skills.
- Proven ability to analyze trends, processes and procedures and develop innovative and effective solutions for improved performance.
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization.
- Proven problem solving, decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; presents a positive and professional image and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all.
- Technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office.
We are an international outdoor company with an aim to connect more people in nature. Our story begins in Sweden a few years back…
It all started with a backpack. The founder of Fjällräven, Åke Nordin, was called into nature and moved by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion, created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside; warmer, safer and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear, we act responsibly toward nature, animals & people and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it.
Sound like a great adventure!?
We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our store manager, please do not hesitate to apply now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.