About The Position:
Full time, long-term
Time Spilt: 3 days Admin/Community, 2 days in-store (possibility to work weekend days during events and holidays)
The goal of the Retail Community Lead (RCL) role is to elevate our community initiatives in Canada, build a strong network of partnerships, support internal community and development initiatives, and drive traffic to our flagship stores in the Canadian region. They will also be responsible for supporting our Fjällräven Guide (retail ambassador) relationships (with the Regional Manager of Retail Sales) and support them in hosting impactful, brand-relevant events in collaboration with our retail locations. In addition, they will support the Global Community Team with all community efforts in their region and report to the Global Community Manager, North America.
The Retail Community Lead will collaborate with the Regional Manager of Retail Sales (Canada) on event coordination, marketing assets, and meeting facilitation. In addition, they will support and build on local partnerships that align with the Fjällräven brand. The RCL will also support all Canadian stores in community building and supporting event planning on a monthly Community call.
When in-store, the RCL will be fully immersed in retail store culture supporting the local Store Manager on guest experience and operations. The two in-store days will provide an opportunity to engage with guests and the community face-to-face.
The RCL will be a natural connector, community-builder, innovator, and entrepreneurial in spirit.
Community & Events
- Develop 2023 Community and Events Strategy for Canada in collab with Global Community Team
- Host monthly Community Calls with the group of Canadian Managers and/or their in-store Community Leads
- Provide 1-on-1 support to Canadian Managers and/or their Community Leads through a biweekly 30-minute meeting
- Review and give feedback on quarterly community and event planning tools for stores
- Support Regional Manager of Retail Sales with partnership development and management
- Develop event templates and tools for managers in collaboration with Global Community team
- Align with brand marketing calendar and effectively manage retail marketing budgets with Regional Manager of Retail Sales
- Learn how to use Cvent platform, an internal event planning tool, to support with event page creation and registration on a regional level
- Support Regional Manager of Retail Sales with progress reports on a monthly basis
- Develop and collaborate on event proposals and presentations
- Strategize to successfully exceed quarterly and annual ROI targets
- Constantly network and engage in community events outside of store hours
- Support with hosting local guide calls quarterly - discussing how to activate in community initiatives and events as ambassadors of Fjällräven
- Support with Guide recruitment in 2022
- Update and manage Fjällräven Guide onboarding documents and process with Store Managers
- Act as a facilitator in the Fjällräven Guide Facebook Group to engage Guides across North America and spark conversation and ideas for Community initiatives
Marketing & Partnerships
- Create requests and communicate with marketing for print and digital assets
- Contribute to partnerships document for Canadian stores and organize partnerships, locally and regionally
- Commit to understanding store culture, guest experience, in-store marketing campaigns, customer demographic and demand through pre-determined hours on the sales floor
- Assist in reviewing current systems and provide feedback to improve processes
- Support the Regional Manager of Retail Sales with ongoing partnerships, and the development of new partnerships through proposals and execution
Training & Development
- Maintain an open and positive relationship with store team, Area Manager, Regional Manager of Retail Sales, Global Community Manager
- Maintain a positive employee attitude and morale by recognizing strong performance and service
- Ensure company/store policies and procedures are communicated in a timely manner
- Provide resources and support on Leadership calls when needed
- Active participant in regional calls, Community calls, and Leadership calls on a weekly basis
Reporting and Metrics
- The Retail Community Lead will provide a monthly summary on what is happening in the Canadian region with Community to the Regional Sales Manager
- The RCL will support SMs/Community Leads with creating simple event reports
- For RCL-led events, the RCL will propose a budget for approval and manage and report on the expenses of each event
- The RCL will also report on the ROI of each event they execute
- The RCL will work with Store Managers to review metrics and ROI after a store-specific event
- RCL will be responsible for reviewing sales and metrics of Canada region on weekly basis – using this data to inform community needs
What We Offer
When you join us at Fjallraven, expect the following benefits:
- A team that works together and helps out wherever possible
- Work life balance and flexibility
- A Sustainable product and operation
- Product discounts and access to outdoor events
- Competitive benefits package
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off - 3 to 6 weeks based on tenure
- Paid company holidays
Sound like a great adventure?!
We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail community lead, please do not hesitate to apply now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.