Originally hailing from Örnsköldsvik, Sweden, Fjällräven has now spread its passion for the outdoors to every corner of the world. Through its focus on sustainability and is commitment to creating functional, durable and timeless apparel, Fjällräven supports meaningful adventures in every environment.
To help continue to promote the sustainable outdoor lifestyle, Fjällräven is calling all adventurers to join its dynamic and rapidly growing team.
The objective of the Tailor position is to elevate our guest experience and provide our guests with meticulous alterations as well as professional customizations to our outdoor gear. The ideal fitter/sewer will be familiar with technical fabrics in addition to being motivated, results oriented, and committed to providing outstanding customer service. Experience working in a retail environment preferred as this is a customer facing position, and you'll be expected to engage in guest interactions.
We see employee diversity as a guiding principle in our employment policy. This means promoting the diversity and heterogeneity of the individuals in the company in order to attain the highest possible productivity, creativity and efficiency.
Top Traits and Values
- They are passionate about people, product, being in nature, and sustainability.
- They are accountable for their actions and take responsibility in any situation.
- They do not blame, deny, make excuses, or become a victim to circumstance.
- They grow through their successes and failures by being vulnerable, humble and by having a willingness to ask for help.
- They consider what their team and brand need by being open to all feedback.
- They demonstrate a persistence and drive for results through consistency and stability.
The 5 Peaks of Focus
- Responsible for clear, thoughtful communication to the store team, Store Manager and
- Work with the Lead Tailor to continually evolve operations.
- Educate customers and employees on proper fit, shop procedures, and guidelines in a professional and customer service-oriented manner.
- Communicate with customers to understand what is required to be altered or repaired and determining how to ensure that their specifications are met.
- Great understanding for the extent and difficulty of each alteration or customization and provide cost estimates to the customer.
- Attends/Participates in monthly Tailoring Calls.
- Accountable and show a high level of ownership and initiative.
- Track work in an Alterations Log with a detail-oriented mind and a commitment to documenting the different stages of progress accurately.
- Experience in cash desk, POS operations and cash handling.
- Report any issues to the Lead Tailor.
- Work with the repairs team to support others as needed to turn projects around quickly and continually work with the team to evolve operations.
- Community driven knowledge and skill sharing, working with a national team of talent.
- Support in the development and execution of repair workshops.
- Actively build and maintain a Fjällräven client base.
- Become an outdoor-equipment specialist and share their expertise with others in addition to performing and completing alterations/tailor fittings, and repairs according to service standards.
- Work on perfecting their skills to master all alterations and customizations on every brand style.
- Organize workload and complete items on time to meet or exceed productivity targets.
- Leads by example and demonstrates a deep knowledge and understanding for our sustainability initiatives: The Fjällräven Way, The Fjällräven Down Promise, Arctic Fox Initiative and Sustainable Wool.
Mandatory Skills, Education and/or Competencies
- Hold an advanced level of experience in alterations/tailoring, mending and repairing in retail including:
- Able to hem pants
- Shorten sleeves
- Repair and patch garments
- Take-in and let out seams
- Being able to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge about safety and the proper use of all equipment in the shop, including:
- Industrial sewing machines
- Serge machine
- Cover-stitch machine
- Button-press machine
- A passion for the environment and a sustainable explorer of the outdoors.
- A strong communicator with experience in customer service and selling.
- Efficient, organized, dependable, adaptable and with the skillset to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive customer experience and inclusive workplace environment for all.
- Comfortable with basic math and written English skills.
Pay Range: $18.00-23.00 per hour
What We Offer
When you join us at Fjällräven, expect the following benefits:
- A team that works together and helps out wherever possible
- Work life balance and flexibility
- A Sustainable product and operation
- Product discounts and access to outdoor events
- Competitive benefits package
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company paid life and AD&D
- 401k with generous company match
- Paid Time Off - 3 to 6 weeks based on tenure
- Company paid family leave
- 14 paid company holidays
Fjällräven is committed to creating innovative, sustainable gear that helps to foster a healthier outdoor life, now and for future generations. If you are interested in joining an ever-growing team with its sights set on the summit, submit your resume and cover letter.