ABOUT THE ROLE
We are searching for an experienced omnichannel marketing leader to join us as our regional director of North American marketing and our global retail marketing efforts. This role will be a great challenge for you if you’ve developed omnichannel marketing strategies, have strong market knowledge and have experience with marketing plans and budgets.
You’ll be able to bring strong organizational, analytical and stakeholder and people management skills, ideally with a great sense of doing business across boarders and with multi-cultured teammates.
This is the chance to build and develop an international creative team of world-class professionals significantly shaping and strengthening our positioning as a true, authentic outdoor brand!
This is a full-time role located in our Louisville, Colorado office and reports to our Global Senior Director of Marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
North American regional marketing:
- Lead the North American regional marketing team in designing and implementing consistent, innovative and memorable brand experiences that create an emotional connection with users lives and outdoor communities
- Take charge of our North American marketing calendar and ensure our programs and activations integrate with our global calendar and regional or local sales needs
- Tune into regional opportunities and needs from our wholesale customers’ and our end-consumers’ perspectives; then make sure these are translated into our marketing calendars and programs
- Be the expert for regional marketing to our global marketing leadership team through sharing meaningful marketing insights
- Step up with your global and regional marketing team in leveraging digital to create best-in-class experiences
- Brief the regional marketing team on market activations and make sure we perform well and hit our objectives through bringing our activations to life
- Set the objectives for the market with metrics such as key account growth, brand sale growth or new community growth
- Define a clear purpose for our stores across markets and store formats globally with a great brand retail strategy
- Develop best practices toward how we market products and create brand experiences in Fjällräven and partner stores
- Incorporate business objectives and brand experiences into the seasonal product launches, campaigns and brand messages your team delivers
- Develop our omnichannel services in North America with an eye on global expansion (like reserve in store, order in store, click and collect and local delivery)
- Work with our sales markets, in particular North America, to develop retail store brand and consumer experiences
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 10+ years of great experience in brand marketing in an international business
- For 5 years or more, you’ve worked in marketing roles partnered with retail or wholesale accounts
- You have led a team in a multi-market business for at least 5 years
- Ideally you’ve worked with a high-profile premium apparel or sporting goods brand
- You have had experience on traditional and digital marketing activations
- You are focused on creating world-class consumer experiences (through an awesome consumer-centric mindset and approach)
This role requires an experienced marketer who’s worked with omnichannel retailers. You need to challenge thinking while still having the ability to listen, interpret, enroll and influence key stakeholders regionally and globally to build consensus and impactful marketing plans. Here is what we mean a little more specifically:
Develop omnichannel marketing strategies: Identify high-impact marketing to drive in-store engagement and traffic. Set achievable and measurable goals to demonstrate your team’s impact.
Demonstrate and use strong market knowledge: You’ll be our market expert and bring a wealth of understanding to North American markets and consumer groups
Develop marketing plans and budgets: You should feel confident to pull annual plans and objectives together, including developing financial budgets and allocating media spend. You’d describe yourself as a commercial thinker or entrepreneurial by nature.
Organization superstar: You can coordinate and plan across teams and sales markets. Have time zone differences? No problem, you can account for that, be flexible and lead your team by example in doing so.
Analytical nature: You can and have set relevant, ambitious and achievable KPIs with an ability to measure performance and lead in data-driven decision making.
Negotiator and influencer: You are an excellent listener first, an interpreter second and an influencer and educator next. Working to convince stakeholders and build consensus around marketing plans is an energizing challenge that you welcome.
Leader: You inspire your team to do their best, achieve great things and develop their talents and skillsets.
Creative visionary: You challenge the status-quo through inspired and innovative creative methods.
It all started with a backpack. Our founder, Åke Nordin, was called into nature and moved by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion, created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature, and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside; warmer, safer, and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear, we act responsibly toward nature, animals & people and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it.
Working for Fjällräven means being part of an international, fast-growing company that wants to inspire people to walk with nature. As an employee for Fjällräven you are offered:
- The opportunity to learn more about the outdoors, for instance, Fjällräven Classic and/or Winter education.
- An international work environment where ambition and innovation are cherished.
- Passionate colleagues that share a respect and connection for the outdoors and sustainability.
Salary range: $120,000 to $150,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- HSA, STD/LTD, accident and critical illness insurance
- 401K with a company match
- 14 paid holidays, PTO
- Generous product and industry discounts
READY TO JOIN OUR TREK?
Please apply through our career page in English. We review applications on a continuous basis and sometimes our posts close early due to so many all-star applicants- so apply right now!
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.