ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our Royal Robbins team in the Seattle area. Our adventure offers sales associates the chance to be a part of a growing, dynamic and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and wellbeing.
As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Royal Robbins' core values, our products and the spirit of exploration and sustainability! Become a brand expert and facilitate our customer’s meaningful and inspiring experiences in the great outdoors.
Our sales associates and retail staff should identify with our brand, values and, in the end, have fun selling and helping our customers out. The right match for us loves customer service, learning and developing and brings a positive mindset to the workplace.
This position is a part time retail sales associate role located in our Royal Robbins - Seattle retail store and reports to the store manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The objective of the sales associate position is to provide exceptional guest experience and support their retail team in the day-to-day operations and success within the four directions of our companies guiding compass. The position is responsible for supporting in staff training, code of conduct, as well as policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Helping our customers through education, demonstration and world-class listening and communication skills
- Act as an ambassador for our brand and our values
- Run a cash register and assist customers in making purchases and process orders
- Communicate with your team to make sure we deliver great customer service
- Stock retail products and assist with order deliveries
- Help keep the store looking great with some light cleaning duties
- Bend, reach, move about the store and the storage area to assist our customers
WHO YOU ARE
Requirements for this role:
- Communication is your strong suit and you enjoy helping out customers
- Customer service, patience and kindness are words that former co-workers and managers would use to describe you
- You are organized and dependable, this means we can count on you to be efficient and do a consistently great job
- You take action and face challenges as they come, you are not a procrastinator
- You are a continuous learner and consider yourself tech savvy
- You care about sustainability and the outdoors- even if you are just getting started in your relationship with nature, you are passionate about the importance of connecting with nature and willing to share that passion with others
- You are open to a variety of shifts that may change a bit with season and business needs
ABOUT ROYAL ROBBINS
At Royal Robbins our values are at our core. In order to create something lasting and meaningful, we focus on teamwork and a commitment to the environment and social responsibility. Our employees bring life to our values and keep us rooted in our heritage with a clear direction on where our company is headed.
As you may guess, our passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle is shared amongst our employees, but this comes in many different shapes and sizes. Whether you are an expert mountaineer or just falling in love with the outdoors, we want to hear from you.
We are also ambitious. Our employees work hard and challenge themselves and each other. With great ambition also comes great humility and authenticity, as a team and company we are grounded, hard working and open.
Check out our core values. Does this sound aligned to your own? We are looking for you!
Lead, don’t follow. Referred to as “Royalism” is every employee’s reminder to strive for innovation.
Grow our people. The only way to achieve greatness is to develop people around you and Royal Robbins provides growth and development opportunities based on individual goals.
Be outdoors. Beyond the “work/life balance” is a fulfilling life and regularly enjoying the great outdoors.
Keep on climbing. A common Royal phrase; hit one goal, go for next!
Nutcracker. The name of one of Royal and Liz’s first ascents in Yosemite, this marks an important evolution in climbing and a symbol for Royal Robbin’s sustainable business practices.
A little more on our heritage.
World-renowned climbers, Royal and Liz Robbins, founded the Royal Robbins brand in California in 1968. Based in San Francisco, California and Louisville, Colorado, the brand is a leading designer, manufacturer, marketer and retailer of outdoor and travel apparel. The company has gained worldwide recognition for its commitment to innovation, style, and utility that maintains an authentic connection to the core consumer.
For those seeking performance-oriented garments, Royal Robbins has built a reputation of integrating technical features with a style and comfort for everyday life. The brand embraces a refined aesthetic and sophistication that is classic, smart and can be worn to ‘go anywhere.’ Royal Robbins’ collection of products can be found in the most respected outdoor and specialty retailers throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Royal Robbins was recently acquired by Fenix Outdoor International AG, a global player in branded outdoor apparel and equipment. Being a part of Fenix Outdoor provides Royal Robbins with one of the larger platforms in the outdoor space to tell their authentic story, reach new consumers, and access new markets at an accelerated pace.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Royal Robbins, expect the following benefits:
- A team that works together and helps out wherever possible
- Work life balance and flexibility
- A sustainable product and operation
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail salesperson or associate, please do not hesitate to apply now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!