ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is being hired under our sibling company, Royal Robbins.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our Royal Robbins team in the Boston area. Our adventure offers supervisors the chance to be a part of a growing, dynamic and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and wellbeing.
As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Royal Robbins' core values, our products and the spirit of exploration and sustainability! Become a brand expert and facilitate our customer’s meaningful and inspiring experiences in the great outdoors.
Our supervisors and retail staff should identify with our brand values and, in the end, have fun selling and helping our customers out. The right match for us loves customer service, learning and developing and brings a positive mindset to the workplace.
This position is a part time supervisor role located in our Royal Robbins Boston Newbury retail store and reports to the store manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The objective of the Supervisor position is to support in managing the day-to-day operations and guest experience. This position ensures the success of the retail store achieving their metrics within the four directions of our companies guiding compass. The position is responsible for supporting in staff training, code of conduct, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting with managing day-to-day operations
- Helping our customers through education, demonstration and world-class listening and communication skills
- Act as an ambassador for our brand and our values
- Run a cash register and assist customers in making purchases and process orders
- Communicate with your team to make sure we deliver great customer service
- Stock retail products and assist with order deliveries
- Help keep the store looking great with some light cleaning duties
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all
- Bend, reach, move about the store and the storage area to assist our customers
WHO YOU ARE
Requirements for our this role:
- Communication is your strong suit and you enjoy helping out customers
- Customer service, patience and kindness are words that former co-workers and managers would use to describe you
- You are organized and dependable, this means we can count on you to be efficient and do a consistently great job
- Quick and action-oriented (You take action and face challenges as they come, you are not a procrastinator)
- You are a continuous learner and consider yourself tech savvy
- You care about sustainability and the outdoors- even if you are just getting started in your relationship with nature, you are passionate about the importance of connecting with nature and willing to share that passion with others
- You are open to a variety of shifts that may change a bit with season and business needs
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned climbers Royal and Liz Robbins, Royal Robbins is a leading designer, manufacturer and retailer of outdoor apparel. The brand has gained worldwide recognition for its high-quality clothing and commitment to environmental and social responsibility. It has built a reputation of integrating technical features for adventurers seeking performance-oriented garments, but with the style and comfort to cross over into everyday life. Royal Robbins’ collection of men’s and women’s products can be found in outdoor and specialty retail partners throughout the U.S. and abroad.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Royal Robbins, expect the following benefits:
- A team that works together and helps out wherever possible
- Work life balance and flexibility
- A sustainable product and operation
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail salesperson or associate, please do not hesitate to apply now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!