The objective of the Assistant Store Manager position is to support in overseeing the overall store operations. This position ensures the success of the retail store achieving their metrics within the Five Peaks of Focus; Team, Operations, Community, Product, and Sustainability. This Assistant Store Manager will be tasked with supporting the Store Manager in ensuring the success of their people, key sales metrics, operational needs, marketing and events. The position is also responsible for supporting in staff training, code of conduct, policies and procedures. They ensure that the store principles are followed, providing exceptional guest experience through quality education, relationship building and by delivering a best -in-class Fjällräven brand experience. We see employee diversity as a guiding principle in our employment policy. This means promoting the diversity and heterogeneity of the individuals in the company in order to attain the highest possible productivity, creativity and efficiency.
Top Traits and Values
- They lead their team in proficiency of the 5 Peaks (Team, Operations, Community, Product, and Sustainability) and brand store Vision and Mission statements.
- They are passionate about people, product, being in nature, diversity and sustainability.
- They are accountable for their actions and take responsibility in any situation. They do not blame, deny, make excuses, or become a victim to circumstance.
- They grow through their successes and failures by being vulnerable, humble and by having a willingness to ask for help.
- They consider what their team and brand need by being open to all feedback and coaching and receive it in a way that benefits all parties.
- They demonstrate a persistence and lead others to drive for results through consistency and stability.
The 5 Peaks of Focus
- Support Store Manager in assessing the effectiveness of their team by providing the appropriate level of performance feedback. They are responsible for ensuring that the 5 Peaks of Focus are living within their 4 walls.
- Supports the Store Manager in recruiting, building, developing and managing strong and successful retail staffs.
- Responsible for clear, thoughtful communication to their team and Store Manager
- Supports the Store Manager in conducting monthly/quarterly staff meetings to re-enforce team morale, overall store performance, community initiatives and operations
- Motivates, leads, and holds team accountable to deliver and grow sales along with other metrics and KPI’s and leads by example with the results within their store.
- In absence of Store Manager: Attends/Participates in weekly Leadership Calls with NA Retail Team
- Promotes diversity, leads by example and contributes to an environment of respect and inclusivity
- Performs/oversees store opening and closing procedures. Supports in managing cash variances and EOM paperwork
- In absence of Store Manager: Ensures all necessary payroll submissions are completed according to deadline
- Training: Partners with Store Manager in Trek Series roll-out for all new hires. In addition to the re- enforcement of all Policies and Procedures
- Ability to understand monthly P&L’s and review with Store Manager an action plan for necessary improvements to the controllable.
- Partners with Store Manager to support on all matters regarding Loss Prevention and Store Improvements
- Encourages community development within their store. Supports in the creation of events, relationship building, corporate sales and supporting in running the Local Guide Program.
- Educates staff about the Brand while maintaining the highest standards of guest experience
- Supports the direction of the brand through merchandise assortments appropriate to local market and promotes the use of product knowledge as a tool to enhance employee productivity, sales, and guest brand experience.
- Supports in making sure the store is effectively merchandised in order to uphold brand and seasonal standards, prevent product shrink and strategically control stock levels.
- Supports in leading proper execution of markdowns and in-bound/out-bound transfers, initials as well as Dropbox submissions
- Supports in managing bi-annual Inventory preparation (stock-takes). Individual store shrink should be less than 1% on an annual basis.
- Builds a strong internal culture around sustainability and finds ways to better overall in-store operations that would continue to reduce the footprint of the retail company.
- Leads by example and demonstrates a respect for our brands sustainable initiatives: The Fjällräven Way, The Fjällräven Down Promise, Arctic Fox Initiative and Sustainable wool.
- Ensure that their store’s community events have a tie back to sustainability and or have a focus that features one of our 5 Peaks.
Mandatory Skills, Education and/or Competencies
- An aptitude for leadership and at minimum of 1 year experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven aptitude to prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals.
- Outstanding customer service, relationship management, and business development skills.
- Ability to analyze trends, processes and procedures and develop innovative and effective solutions for improved performance.
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; presents a positive and professional image and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all.
- Robust technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office.
- Exceptional communication skills
We will not discriminate or tolerate discrimination with respect to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.