Royal Robbins, an organization from our Fenix Outdoor Group brand family, is hiring a Director of Marketing to join a legacy of innovation, style and utility that keeps authentic connection at the core of our organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a marketing leader to join our iconic outdoor brand. Help us climb the next mountain through developing the future strategies at Royal Robbins. You'll have the opportunity to influence our entire organization.
Take part in our wholesale, digital, retail and eCommerce operations. Steer our social, PR, partnerships and mail order catalogue strategy. Be a part of Royal Robbins reaching new heights and creating brand awareness that drives our users to engage with the Royal Robbins brand legacy.
This full-time position is based in Louisville, Colorado, United States and reports to our CEO, Michael Millenacker.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify marketing opportunities in line with our mission and brand
- Research and understand current customer demographics to develop targeted marketing campaigns that build and sustain consumer pull and loyalty
- Communicate engaging stories to elevate our brand messaging, increase brand awareness, and enhance consumer engagement
- Provide tactical direction for our marketing communications and amplify our marketing channels to reach to new consumers through:
- Public relations
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Search marketing
- D2C Mail Order catalog
- Our website
- Collaborate with Fenix North America's eCommerce team to execute Royal Robbin's eCommerce marketing plan with a goal to achieve direct-to-consumer revenue related to search, engagement, conversion, personalization and consumer service
- Set up our organizational policies and priorities, maintain our marketing and promotional calendar and analyze our performance
- Build on our strong media relationships and manage our marketing and public relation agency collaboration
- Evaluate and amplify social media platforms to generate brand awareness, drive new customer acquisition, and maintain existing customer loyalty.
- Partner with our sales, product and operations teams to develop Go-To-Market strategies and support new product launches
- Manage and motivate our team
- Develop and manage our marketing budget
- You have 5-7 years of marketing experience, preferably with a consumer product or lifestyle brand in the outdoor, sporting goods or fashion industry
- You've managed complex, integrated marketing strategies across several channels in a fast-moving environment
- You are hands on with coaching and leading your team and you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and helping out with execution when it is needed
- You are an inspirational leader and know how to get a motivated team behind you to accomplish big things
- You are also operational and have strong knowledge in marketing tools and tactics
- Speaking and writing are one of your many gifts, negotiation isn't tough for you either
- Like any great manager you manage time, organize, plan and problem solve like a champ and use analytics to positively influence all of these activities
ABOUT ROYAL ROBBINS
At Royal Robbins our values are at our core. In order to create something lasting and meaningful, we focus on teamwork and a commitment to the environment and social responsibility. Our employees bring life to our values and keep us rooted in our heritage with a clear direction on where our company is headed.
As you may guess, our passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle is shared amongst our employees, but this comes in many different shapes and sizes. Whether you are an expert mountaineer or just falling in love with the outdoors, we want to hear from you.
We are also ambitious. Our employees work hard and challenge themselves and each other. With great ambition also comes great humility and authenticity, as a team and company we are grounded, hard working and open.
Check out our core values. Does this sound aligned to your own? We are looking for you!
Lead, don’t follow. Referred to as “Royalism” is every employee’s reminder to strive for innovation.
Grow our people. The only way to achieve greatness is to develop people around you and Royal Robbins provides growth and development opportunities based on individual goals.
Be outdoors. Beyond the “work/life balance” is a fulfilling life and regularly enjoying the great outdoors.
Keep on climbing. A common Royal phrase; hit one goal, go for next!
Nutcracker. The name of one of Royal and Liz’s first ascents in Yosemite, this marks an important evolution in climbing and a symbol for Royal Robbin’s sustainable business practices.
A little more on our heritage.
World-renowned climbers, Royal and Liz Robbins, founded the Royal Robbins brand in California in 1968. Based in San Francisco, California and Louisville, Colorado, the brand is a leading designer, manufacturer, marketer and retailer of outdoor and travel apparel. The company has gained worldwide recognition for its commitment to innovation, style, and utility that maintains an authentic connection to the core consumer.
For those seeking performance-oriented garments, Royal Robbins has built a reputation of integrating technical features with a style and comfort for everyday life. The brand embraces a refined aesthetic and sophistication that is classic, smart and can be worn to ‘go anywhere.’ Royal Robbins’ collection of products can be found in the most respected outdoor and specialty retailers throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Royal Robbins was recently acquired by Fenix Outdoor International AG, a global player in branded outdoor apparel and equipment. Being a part of Fenix Outdoor provides Royal Robbins with one of the larger platforms in the outdoor space to tell their authentic story, reach new consumers, and access new markets at an accelerated pace.
- Product and industry discounts
- 14 paid holiday days and PTO
- Attractive 401K with company match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Accident and critical Illness insurance
READY TO JOIN US?
Please submit your resume through our career page today! We review applications on a continuous basis and the post may close early due to AWESOME applicants!
Royal Robbins celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.