Supervisor Job Description
The objective of the Supervisor position is to support in managing the day-to-day operations and guest experience. This position ensures the success of the retail store achieving their metrics within the Five Peaks of Focus; Team, Operations, Community, Product, and Sustainability. This Supervisor will be tasked with the daily opening and closing of the store, managing the daily goal and supporting in merchandising and inventory management. The position is also responsible for supporting in staff training, code of conduct, policies and procedures. They ensure that the store principles are followed, providing exceptional guest experience through quality education, relationship building and by delivering a best -in-class Fjällräven brand experience. We see employee diversity as a guiding principle in our employment policy. This means promoting the diversity and heterogeneity of the individuals in the company in order to attain the highest possible productivity, creativity and efficiency.
Top Traits and Values
- They lead their team in proficiency of the 5 Peaks (Team, Operations, Community, Product, and Sustainability) and brand store Vision and Mission statements.
- They are passionate about people, product, being in nature, diversity and sustainability.
- They are accountable for their actions and take responsibility in any situation.
- They consider what their team and brand need by being open to all feedback and coaching and receive it in a way that benefits all parties.
- They demonstrate a persistence and lead others to drive for results through consistency and stability.
The 5 Peaks of Focus
- Responsible for clear, thoughtful communication to their team and Store Manager
- Motivates and leads in growing sales along with other metrics and KPI’s
- Promotes diversity, contributes to an environment of respect and inclusivity
- Performs/oversees store opening and closing procedures.
- Training: Partners with management team in Trek Series roll-out for all new hires and re-enforces all Policies and Procedures
- Partners with management team to support on all matters regarding Loss Prevention
- Encourages community development within their store. Supports in the creation of events, relationship building and supporting the Local Guide Program.
- Educates staff about the Brand while maintaining the highest standards of guest experience
- Promotes the use of product knowledge as a tool to enhance employee productivity, sales, and guest brand experience.
- Supports in making sure the store is effectively merchandised to uphold brand and seasonal standards, prevent product shrink and strategically control stock levels.
- Supports in proper execution of markdowns, in-bound/out-bound transfers and bi-annual Inventory preparation (stock-takes).
- Leads by example and demonstrates a respect for our brands sustainable initiatives: The Fjällräven Way, The Fjällräven Down Promise, Arctic Fox Initiative and Sustainable wool.
Mandatory Skills, Education and/or Competencies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven aptitude to prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals
- Outstanding customer service and relationship management skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; presents a positive and professional image and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all
We will not discriminate or tolerate discrimination with respect to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.