The Ecommerce Merchandiser is responsible for helping to grow our digital business by managing our Product Information Management (PIM) system and executing merchandising across the Fjallraven, Royal Robbins & Hanwag (Fenix Outdoor Brands) North American websites. They will use trends and competitive research to inform on new ways to bring Fenix Outdoor Brands’ products to life through smart merchandising techniques, curated collection offerings and other web merchandising functionality. This person will be the expert in our PIM system helping to troubleshoot any issues that come up and working with our development team on continuous improvement of the platform based on North American team needs. This person should have a passion for data and storytelling – using the combination of these skillsets to bring our product to life online using data-driven strategies that drive sales.
This position will manage many moving pieces, so an excellent eye for detail and strong prioritization skills are musts along with a strong analytical skill set. Looking for an energetic self-starter who can ramp up quickly, partner well with cross-functional teams, and work efficiently and effectively against goals.
- Responsible for managing our PIM system and the resulting digital presentation of product imagery and information on our websites
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to ensure accurate and optimal placement and marketing of products within categories, navigation, and other pages
- Report on product insights based on customer behavior and market trends. Use these insights to drive decisions for future seasons. Candidate must be adept in utilizing analytical tools to inform decisions.
- Collaborate with global teammates to ensure the needs of North America are prioritized in the product lifecycle of our PIM including completing UAT for new functionality that is released
- Lead global product enrichment process for new seasonal launches for Royal Robbins brand
- Responsible for showcasing product on Fenix Outdoor Brands’ websites utilizing merchandising tools such as onsite search, product recommendations, filters, collections, etc.
- Use industry insights, channel marketing plans, and brand marketing calendars to develop seasonal curated collections and product storytelling that inspire our customers to purchase
- Monitor merchandising performance and leverage testing to move the needle against KPIs
- Bring new ideas for outfitting, promotions, and recommendation blocks to encourage increased units per order and average order value
- Develop new ways to personalize our product experience via sorting rules, recommendations, search, etc. for a friction-less online journey
- Work with Ecom Acquisition Manager to ensure merchandising assets and deliverables are optimized for organic and paid search performance
- Support UAT as needed for new functionality built on our CMS platform
Skills / Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Merchandising, Digital Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in online merchandising/ creating curated online customer experiences
- Experience working with PIM and CMS platforms, ideally with InRiver and Episerver
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics skills required
- Ability to efficiently analyze data and provide insights to leadership in Ecommerce, Product & Marketing
- Keen attention to detail and a bias towards action to bring creative ideas to life on the sites
- Is a problem solver. Proactively seeks creative solutions to achieve a better customer user experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results
- Outdoor industry experience preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Base pay range of $50-60k
- Competitive benefits package including partially employer covered medical, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO accrual and Holiday schedule.
- Generous internal brands product discounts