Does the idea of working with one of the world’s most iconic outdoor brands appeal to you? Are you working as a design assistant today and have a passion for sustainability and outdoor products? This could be your chance to get to work with a team that shares the same passion. We are now looking for a Design Assistant at Fjällräven.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear, we act responsibly toward nature, animals & people and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it.
About the role
As a Design Assistant, you will be a part of the R&D Team, with placement in Solna. You will be responsible for assisting the designers in the Outdoor Segment within the R&D Department. You should be proactive and creative, and able to work independently as well as part of the team. The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Maintain updated Seasonal Design Sketches
- Creation and maintaining of Seasonal Collection Boards
- Attend Product Design Meetings supporting designers with action plans
- Attend Fit meetings and follow up changes with designers and pattern makers
- Support Senior Designers with presentation material for in-house presentations.
- Assist with current product design changes were necessary to address in-line production issues
- Organize Seasonal Color meetings and action plans
- Update Color Palette in Adobe Illustrator and PLM system
- Coordinate Lab-Dip process each season and administer lab-dip requests
The position is a full-time position and will be based in our office in Solna where you report directly to Product Development Manager R&D.
Who You Are
We think you would be a great match for the position if you have:
- You have a degree in Design (Apparel, Industrial, or Textile Engineering)
- You have 2+ years of work experience of working in textile industry
- Are an excellent team player with the ability to take direction, remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- Is structured and have an eye for details
- Proficient in using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, and Photoshop (experience in CLO is appreciated), Keynote, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- You are an active outdoor user with experience and knowledge in a wide range of outdoor activities
To succeed and thrive in this position your communication skills both verbally and visually need to be strong, and you need to feel comfortable communicating in English, both written and spoken.
Here you get to work with a competent and skilled team, where the passion for the outdoors and our brand is seen in every piece of our work. We want you to feel and have the same passion and engagement we have when it comes to developing designs that embrace the company’s statement to be the most premium and sustainable global Outdoor Brand.
It all started with a backpack. Our founder, Åke Nordin, was called into nature and moved by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion, created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature, and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside; warmer, safer, and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
What We Offer
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.
Working for Fjällräven means being part of an international fast-growing company that wants to inspire people to walk with nature. As an employee for Fjällräven you are offered:
- Opportunity to learn more about the outdoors, for instance, Fjällräven Classic and/or Winter education.
- Access to our spectacular satellite office located in a barn in Norra Djurgårdsstaden.
- An international work environment where initiatives are cherished.
- Marvelous colleagues share a passion for the outdoors and sustainability.
- Benefits according to the collective bargaining agreement between Unionen and IKEM
How to Apply
Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase. So please send in your application today. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR. We're looking forward to reading your application!