As a Retail Buyer for the North America Direct-To-User channel at Fenix Outdoor, you will develop and execute all retail merchandising strategies that maximize sales, margin, inventory turnover, and financial goals. You will drive and implement the planning, forecasting, and distribution for Fjallraven and other Fenix Outdoor brands. Your strong analytical and reporting skills will be a great asset as you analyze historical sales and current trends to identify and action product opportunities. You will work directly with Brick and Mortar and Ecommerce teams as well as cross functionally with other business teams to develop and put into action strategies to fulfill the merchandise financial plan and store assortment plans.
- Oversight of the Brick and Mortar buying business: seasonal buys, assortments, analysis, replenishment, order management and product life cycle management.
- Create seasonal merchandise financial plans, store sales goals, and forecasts for B&M business.
- Define and build seasonal assortment strategy and buys for assigned brand/categories.
- Understand store and regional requirements, needs and trends and apply this knowledge to continually improve buy and allocation strategies. Will require comprehensive data analysis, coordination with buying and cross functional teams, communication with store and regional managers, and travel to stores as needed.
- Work with Retail and Marketing teams to develop seasonal product initiatives, promotions and strategies.
- Track, evaluate and report sales results. Develop and deliver recommendations to enhance sales, margin, in-stock availability and inventory levels.
- Manage markdown and outlet store strategy and execute seasonal transfers.
- Maintain seasonal product reservations; manage and adjust for oversold &/or dropped product.
- Assist in allocation/replenishment, order entry/management as needed.
- Data analysis and reporting responsibilities including but not limited to weekly product reporting, assisting with in-season and end of season analysis, ad hoc reporting and special projects.
- Willingness and ability to take on other DTU buying, planning, allocation tasks as needed for Fenix brands.
- 5+ years retail buying and/or allocation experience. Multi-store specialty apparel or footwear experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Fashion/Merchandising, or other related field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in email applications required. Data entry efficiency and accuracy required. Prior ERP and Order Management system experience is a must.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data utilizing retail math and analytical skills.
- Adaptable, willing and able to meet changing needs of the business.
- Ability to prioritize, manage competing demands and time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, with proven ability to prioritize competing demands, use analytics to problem solve, make informed decisions and follow through.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team and independently as needed.
Pay Range: $55000 to $75000 per year