As the Junior Buyer for North America Direct to Consumer you will become a product expert building and executing product buys and assortments to maximize sales, inventory productivity and profitability. Your strong analytical and reporting skills will be a great asset as you analyze historical sales and current trends to identify and action product opportunities. You will work directly with Brick and Mortar and Ecommerce buyers and cross functionally with other business teams to develop and action strategies to fulfill the merchandise financial plan and store assortment plans.
- Collaborate with buying team to define and build seasonal assortment strategy and buys for assigned brand/categories.
- Understand store and regional requirements, needs and trends and apply this knowledge to continually improve buy and allocation strategies. Will require comprehensive data analysis, coordination with buying and cross functional teams, communication with store and regional managers, and travel to stores as needed.
- Oversight of 3rd Party vendors: seasonal buys, assortments, analysis, replenishment, order management and product life cycle management.
- Support seasonal product initiatives, promotions and strategies. Track, evaluate and report sales results. Develop and deliver recommendations to enhance sales, margin, in-stock availability and inventory levels.
- Maintain seasonal product reservations; manage and adjust for oversold &/or dropped product.
- Assist in allocation/replenishment, order entry/management & website merchandising.
- Data analysis and reporting responsibilities including but not limited to weekly product reporting, assisting with in-season and end of season analysis, ad hoc reporting and special projects.
- Responsible for item data integrity, including sku set-up, item pricing, item maintenance & Product Information Management (PIM) support for Brick & Mortar and Ecom.
- Minimum 2 years retail buying and or allocation experience. Multi-store specialty apparel or footwear experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in email applications. Data entry efficiency and accuracy required. Prior ERP and Order Management system experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data utilizing retail math and analytical skills.
- Adaptable, willing and able to meet changing needs of the business.
- Ability to prioritize, manage competing demands and time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, with proven ability to prioritize competing demands, use analytics to problem solve, make informed decisions and follow through.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team and independently as needed.
- Passion for the outdoors required.
Pay Range: $50k to $60k annually
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, generous PTO accrual and Holiday schedule.