Assistant Manager Job Description
The objective of the Assistant Store Manager position is to support in overseeing the overall store operations. This position ensures the success of the retail store achieving their metrics within the Five Peaks of Focus; Team, Operations, Community, Product, and Sustainability. This Assistant Store Manager will be tasked with ensuring the success of their people, achieving key sales metrics, identifying operational and marketing needs and supporting community planning/events. The position is also responsible for supporting in staff training, as well as upholding code of conduct, policies and procedures.
They ensure that the store principles are followed, they provide exceptional customer service and lead by example through quality education, relationship building and by delivering a best-in-class Fjällräven and Royal Robbins brand experience for each visitor to our store.
Top Traits and Values
• They lead their team in proficiency of the 5 Peaks (Team, Operations, Community, Product, and Sustainability) and brand store Vision and Mission statements.
• They are passionate about people, product, being in nature, and sustainability.
• They are accountable for their actions and take responsibility in any situation. They do not blame, deny, make excuses, or become a victim to circumstance.
• They grow through their successes and failures by being vulnerable, humble and by having a willingness to ask for help.
• They consider what their team and brand need by being open to all feedback and coaching and receive it in a way that benefits all parties.
• They demonstrate a persistence and lead others to drive for results through consistency and stability.
Mandatory Skills, Education and/or Competencies
• An aptitude for leadership and at minimum of 1 year experience preferred
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven aptitude to prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals.
• Outstanding customer service, relationship management, and business development skills.
• Ability to analyze trends, processes and procedures and develop innovative and effective solutions for improved performance.
• Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization.
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; presents a positive and professional image, effectively collaborates with diverse teams, and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others.
• Robust technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office.
• Exceptional communication skills
Pay Range: $18-$20 per hour.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, generous PTO accrual and Holiday schedule.