Does the idea of working with one of the world’s most iconic outdoor brands appeal to you? Are you an experienced email marketeer with a passion for sustainability and outdoor products? This could be your chance to get to work with a team that shares the same passion. We are now looking for a Email marketing specialist at Fjällräven.
It all started with a backpack. Our founder, Åke Nordin, was called into nature and moved by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion, created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature, and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside; warmer, safer and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear, we act responsibly toward nature, animals & people and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it.
About the role
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating, sending, and monitoring Fjällräven International and eComm Europe’s newsletters and email marketing activities. Responsibilities will include being responsible for newsletter acquisition, engagement, and retention, along with leveraging the email marketing channel to convert subscribers to customers and customers to repeat customers.
You will plan, analyze and improve the newsletters and the email communication calendar and will be the key player in setting and developing the global/local email marketing strategy for Fjällräven. You will be the global leader when it comes to email marketing and will work in close collaboration with the business, at both global HQ and on a local level, to ensure that our email marketing processes bring a positive impact on brand desire and commercial performance.
The role also includes the business owner's responsibility for our CRM system, Emarsys.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Solna, Stockholm. You'll report to Online Communication Manager at Fjällräven International, based in Stockholm.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and publish newsletters
- Follow up, evaluate, improve and A/B test these continuously.
- Plan and manage content calendar from an email perspective
- Manage all mailing lists and refine the communication for these when it comes to listing segmentation and automation of the email communication.
- Interpret our general guidelines and seasonal communication and adapt them to the digital landscape and ensuring it’s optimized for Fjällräven’s email marketing.
- Work with analysis and segmentation and create customized e-mail communication and campaigns.
- Continuously optimize strategies and results, taking full advantage of automation and deep customer insights.
Who You Are
As a Email marketing specialist, you've gained experience with digital communication/e-commerce/marketing automation within the premium consumer brand area. You're analytic and have a data-driven approach, coupled with a positive attitude and solution-oriented mentality.
You have an excellent commercial awareness, business understanding, and understanding of digital customer behavior, which you have gained from working within this area. on top of that, you have a good understanding of email marketing operations (e.g. automation), technology, testing techniques, and platforms.
You prefer to work in a fast-paced environment where we together, constantly develop our work to drive performance. Here we need you analytic skills, eye for detail and ability to be a part of the team so we can all be successful.
We think you would be a great match for the position if you have:
- University degree/post-graduate course within Digital design/E-commerce/UX or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience working with digital communication/e-commerce/marketing automation, preferably for a premium consumer brand
- Previous experience working with email marketing tools and customer engagement platforms, preferably within Emarsys
- Experience and solid understanding of the digital landscape. You understand what different user journeys look like and what type and where content works
- Good skills in Adobe creative suite (Illustrator, XD, Photoshop etc)
- Hands-on A/B testing experience
- Proficient in Excel and Google analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML/CSS code including email best practices and troubleshooting.
- Communicates fluently in English (written and verbally)
- Bonus to having worked in a global organization and/or context
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Do you also share our passion for the outdoors and nature? Great!
Let's get to it; send us your application, we can't wait to hear from you!
What We Offer
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.
Working for Fjällräven means being part of an international fast-growing company that wants to inspire people to walk with nature. As an employee for Fjällräven you are offered:
- Opportunity to learn more about the outdoors, for instance, Fjällräven Classic and/or Winter education.
- Access to our spectacular satellite office located in a barn in Norra Djurgårdsstaden.
- An international work environment where initiatives are cherished.
- Marvelous colleagues share a passion for the outdoors and sustainability.
- Benefits according to the collective bargaining agreement between Unionen and IKEM
How to Apply
Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase. So please send in your application today. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR. We're looking forward to reading your application!