Does the idea of working with one of the world’s most iconic outdoor brands appeal to you? Are you a Production Coordinator with a passion for sustainability and outdoor products? This could be your chance to get to work with a team that shares the same passion. We are now looking for a Production Coordinator for hardware at Fjällräven.
About the role
In the position of Production Coordinator for hardware (backpacks, daypacks, tents, and sleeping bags), you will be a part of the production team working in Sweden. You will be responsible for ensuring that all backpacks, daypacks, tents, and sleeping bags are delivered in time, in correct quality, look, and with correct function. You are the contact point between suppliers, logistics, warehouses, and other parts of the company in production-related questions.
>span class="TextRun SCXW151657337 BCX0" data-redactor-span="true">You will focus your time on, for example;
- Communicate clearly and effectively via e-mail and phone with vendors.
- Order pre-production and sales samples and track the status of production
- Evaluate and comment on samples, bulk fabric, and trims.
- Testing fabric, trims, and products
- Follow up in-line and final inspections.
- Seek feedback from the claims department and follow up on production issues so they do not occur again.
- Solve production-related issues and proactively identify issues possible to prevent.
You'll report to the Head of Production at Fjällräven International, based in Stockholm.
Who You Are
We think you could be a great match for the position if:
- You have relevant and documented higher education within textile (e.g. textile engineer, textile management).
- Minimum 1-year experience of working with textile
- Communicates fluently in English (written and verbally)
- Experience from working with production of back pack, day packs, tents, sleeping bags are a plus
We are looking for a person with high energy, great structural skills and an efficient way of working. For you, it comes naturally to take a big responsibility for getting things done, in time and with high efficiency and quality. You are good at communicating with many different types of person and is a true team player who enjoys working together with skilled colleges.
Your working pace is high and you thrive in a flexible environment, but we think you have a clear structured way of working. Plans, time-schedules, and to-do-lists are your best buddies when it comes to managing your daily works. Your passion for sustainability, high-quality products and the outdoors really shines through.
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Do you also share our passion for sustainability and the outdoors? Great!
Join the trek, come walk with us!
It all started with a backpack. Our founder, Åke Nordin, was called into nature and moved by the life-altering experiences he had in the outdoors. The backpack he used, however, was less inspiring. Uncomfortable and impractical, Åke was convinced there must be a better way and he set out to create it.
Born out of passion, created for necessity, Åke's spirit of innovation, respect for nature, and desire to enable others to experience the outdoors still runs through our DNA at Fjällräven. Since our humble start in 1960, a lot has changed, but our mission has not wavered. We inspire and enable people to experience nature.
Through the development of premium, lasting and timeless equipment, we keep people outside; warmer, safer, and dryer. With the right equipment, our users can stay out longer, be more comfortable and come home happier.
Our story doesn't stop there. We organize events that offer the spirit of adventure and outdoor challenge to users at all levels, effectively making nature more accessible and our users more connected. We recognize the impact of climate change and the threat it poses to the natural world. We are active partners in creating a future where outdoor lovers can enjoy nature for generations to come. Our sustainability promise is our Code of Conduct, The Fjällräven Way, and an ever-present reminder that our business decisions are always in favor of protecting and preserving nature.
When you join Fjällräven, you join a 60-year-old legacy of commitment to a common goal: to make nature more accessible to more people. We develop timeless, quality outdoor gear, we act responsibly toward nature, animals & people and we inspire passion for outdoor life. If you were waiting for an opportunity to make an impact, this is it.
What We Offer
Fjällräven celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.
Working for Fjällräven means being part of an international fast-growing company that wants to inspire people to walk with nature. As an employee for Fjällräven you are offered:
- Opportunity to learn more about the outdoors, for instance, Fjällräven Classic and/or Winter education.
- Access to our spectacular satellite office located in a barn in Norra Djurgårdsstaden.
- An international work environment where initiatives are cherished.
- Marvelous colleagues share a passion for the outdoors and sustainability.
- Benefits according to the collective bargaining agreement between Unionen and IKEM
How to Apply
Apply by filling out the application form and upload your CV in PDF format. We will review applications continuously and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase. So please send in your application today. Please note that we do not accept applications via mail in line with GDPR. We're looking forward to reading your application!
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Extent: Full-time temporary position for 6 months
- Location: Solna, Stockholm (Due to COVID-19 we are currently working a lot from home)
- Salary: Monthly salary
We're looking forward to reading your application!